The SSSR Labs KOTELNIKOV is a digital voltage controlled wavetable oscillator module with morphing feature and built-in transient generator. This oscillator can generate number of sounds with diverse spectral content and combine them in various proportions. Kotelnikov can be used as a usual oscillator in a traditional subtractive synthesizer system, but it is also possible to use it as a complete voice module as it features shaped timbres, envelope generator and amplitude modulation.
- The sound engine sampling rate is locked to pitch and varies from 4.2 to 133 kHz, which gives very clear highs and uniform spectral content over the full range.
- The Pitch resolution is 6 cents and CV input sampling rate is 6 kHz, which gives smooth analogish FM-ready CV response.
- Analogue Amplitude Modulation input is bipolar, linear, rail-to-rail.
Kotelnikov contains 80 waveforms organized in 4 banks:
- DRUID: Collection of Electric Druid VCDO wavetables (used with permission)
- ATTACK: Interleaved dark/bright wavetables pairs
- HARMONIC: Frequency-relative sinewaves
- HD: Selected 12-bit wavetables
The firmware is written in Assembly language to ensure glitch-free operation and maximum working range.
The Transient Generator has 3 modes: AD/AR envelope generator or resettable LFO. Total time range of 0.4µs–10s is divided into 3 subranges. This generator is internally connected with FM and WM inputs, which helps you to achieve fluent, alive sound with no wires at all.
This module can be purchased as Do-it-yourself kit that contains all necessary parts to build a complete module:
- 2x snow-white gold-plated PCBs. Made in Russia.
- 1x high-quality aluminium 14hp Eurorack front panel with protective film.
- All electronic components, IC sockets, headers and hardware.
- 4x M3x6 screws and 30cm power cable.
The is almost completely through-hole kit except of SO8 reference voltage IC and voltage regulator IC. S that you don’t need to be an advanced DYIer to build your own Kotelnikov.
- Pitch: 7 octaves range (C0-C7), 6 cents resolution
- DAC: 12-bit, variable sampling rate: 4.2–133kHz
- Wavetables: 3×16 8-bit tables, 32 12-bit tables. 256 samples each.
- Control ADC: 0–5v, 10-bit, 6kHz
- Width: 14hp
- Depth: 40mm
- Dimensions: 71x129x60mm
- Weight: 230g
- Current draw: 50–80mA @+12v; 20–50mA @-12v
- Full Kit: USD 200
- Assembled Module: USD 330
- User’s guide (ver. 1.0), preliminary version
- Assembly manual (PCB ver. 1.0), preliminary version
- BOM (Circuit ver. 1.0)